Severstal-metiz is an international metalware manufacturer and a part of Severstal Group of Companies.
The history of Cherepovets Steel Rolling Plant (today the Cherepovets production site Severstal-metiz) began on December 25th, 1965 – the day when the first coil of wire was produced in Cherepovets. During the first year of its operation metalware production unit (steel wire workshop) worked as a part of Cherepovets Steel Mill. On December 30th, 1966 the Ministry of Ferrous Metallurgy of USSR issued an order No.774 “On the foundation of Cherepovets Steel Rolling Plant”. All main production facilities had been put into operation by 1978.
Today the Cherepovets production site produces a wide range of products: low-carbon and high-carbon wire, cold-drawn steel, nails, fiber, steel shaped profiles, railway fasteners, wire ropes, PC strands, etc.
«Orel Steel Rolling Plant was established in 1967. The current production strategy of the Orel production site is primarily orientated towards the production of various types of steel wire, welding materials, fasteners, including high-strength fasteners for automotive engineering and bridge construction.
Since the end of 2005 the project on the development of Orel Industrial Park has been implemented on the territory of the Site.
Volgogradsky Branch of Severstal Wire Ropes was established on the basis of Volgograd Steel Wire and Rope Plant, which was founded in 1954 as Stalingrad Steel Wire and Rope Plant.
The current production strategy at the Volgograd site is orientated towards the production of high-carbon steel products – steel wire and ropes.